With large customers such as ABN AMRO, ING and Achmea the systems you will build can be used by more than 250,000 employees in the Netherlands. To increase the velocity in our software development we are starting an in-house software team to maintain and develop our sites & apps.
We are looking for a frontend developer that likes to work directly with their colleagues in other disciplines such as marketing & design. An ideal candidate has a passion for crafting elegant front-end solutions and good communication skills.
Although we are only starting this product / engineering team, we do have a strong company culture! Not only because we are an ambitious, dynamic and young group of professionals, but mainly because we all feel that giving people more energy is the best thing in the world! This is also reflected in our goal for 2022, helping 1M people to achieve a higher level of health, mentally, physically and emotionally.
As one of the first hires in this team, it will also be part of your job to define a healthy product / engineering culture. We want to be lean and pragmatic, and make sure we are building the right abstractions for each application while having fun.
Our tech stack currently consists of React Native, Node.js and PHP, but we want to rebuild many of the components from the ground up. So we prefer to work with people who have seen, or want to learn, different technologies. Tools are a means to an end and it’s good to have some perspective!
What you will do
Work on our different front-end assets to create the best possible experience for our users.
- Collaborate directly with specialists of other teams such as marketing & design.
- Design, develop and test features from inception to rollout.
- Create high-quality code that is easy to follow, reliable and reusable.
Who you are
We are looking for people with a passion for building solutions that people love and use on a daily basis. And regardless of whether you’re just out of school or have been doing this work for 30 years, you fit the following profile;
You have at least two years of experience developing websites and apps with modern web technologies.
- You have experience with CSS and Figma.
- You are efficient at writing maintainable code.
- You are a passionate learner who isn’t afraid of new tools and technologies.
- Experience with React Native is a plus.
- Experience with JAM stack is a plus.
- Proficiency in speaking Dutch is a plus.
What we offer
- Join us early on. Be part of the early team building out the product and processes that lay the foundations for future digital success. Have a direct impact and see the value of your contributions day in and day out.
- A fulfilling job to make the Netherlands (end goal; the world) a healthier place.
- Preserve your autonomy. We’re independent by nature. Each team member is basically a manager of one.
- Benefits to keep you healthy & focused. Enjoy a competitive salary.
We are unable to sponsor a visa at the moment and we require regular office visits (at least once every 2 weeks)